Who Are We?
Queenscliff RAR is a community group active on the Bellarine Peninsula and in the Geelong region in Victoria.
We are part of the wider RAR (Rural Australians for Refugees) grass-roots movement across Australia. RAR involves voters of all persuasions working solely for a humane and welcoming policy towards asylum seekers and refugees.
- We offer friendship, support and advocacy to: asylum seekers & refugees who have been held in mainland or offshore immigration detention; to those now living in the community; and to those returned to their homelands.
- We provide support to their families living in precarious circumstances overseas, awaiting family reunion.
- We lobby MPs for key refugee policy reform in accordance with Australia’s international human rights obligations as a signatory to the UN Refugee Convention.
- We raise community awareness about issues affecting asylum seekers and refugees.
- We raise funds to assist asylum seekers and refugees with legal representation; support; family reunion; and medical expenses.
- Ongoing projects include: ‘Support Packs’ of supplies to asylum seekers living in Geelong area and QRAR market stalls
Email newsletters & updates are our primary form of communication between members. Membership is free.
Meetings are on the first Monday of each month from February to December in the Bay Room, Uniting Church, corner of Hesse & Stokes Streets, Queenscliff, Victoria.
TO JOIN QRAR please Click Here